Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Farm to Table

Last week I finally got to try Empire State South.  The restaurant issue of The Atlantan magazine claimed it to be the 'Best Restaurant,' so when a friend let me pick the restaurant for our dinner out, I jumped at the chance to go.


image via The Daily Beast

I just loved the interior design, and the bocce ball court outside - and the food was amazing!!  We started out with the In Jars - which were small canning jars filled with spreads.  My favorites of these were the pimento cheese with bacon marmalade and the boiled peanut hummus, which you can find a recipe for here.




Next we had the Soft Poached Farm Egg - so delicious I wanted to lick the bowl.  For entrees, I had a grouper special, and my friend had the Plow Point Farms Chicken Roulade - both of which were divine.

It was definitely the best meal I've had in a while.  I can't wait to find a reason to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you all!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...