Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Quick Post About Our Trip

FINALLY a post about our trip over the 4th of July.  

First we hopped around Indiana visiting family and celebrating the holiday.  It was wonderful to see everyone, and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins.  I swear there is nothing better than evenings with fireflies!!

We then took a whirlwind weekend trip with my sister and brother-in-law to Chicago to visit my niece who moved there after college last year.  We hit several of the touristy spots like the bean, the Crown Fountain (see the face behind the picture of my son?), and Navy Pier.  We even did an architecture cruise on the river, which would have been lovely if my son hadn't been screaming the entire time!  We also had some super great meals at The Purple Pig, Lou Mitchell's, Mon Ami Gabi and The Rosebud.

It was a great trip, although I seriously don't think I'll get on a plane again with my son until he's 16 or so.  I'm truly surprised the airline didn't ask us to get off the plane. It was that bad...

.  

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!! I love hearing from you all!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...